Secure Planet (SP), an Ideal Innovations Inc. affiliated company,is a small biometric technology start-up headquartered in Arlington, VA. SP specializes in designing, developing and delivering the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. SP is comprised of biometric system engineers, software developers, program managers and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. SP is interested in hiring the very best and brightest scientists, engineers, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k and continuing educational funds. At SP, we want to provide our future engineers and scientists with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions to the battlefield today and into the future. SP is Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and is ISO 9001:2015 company. For more information, please visit www.secureplanet.com
Secure Planet, Inc. (SP) is seeking to add a highly-qualified systems architect as we expand our small, dynamic team of biometrics planners, engineers and architects at PM DoD Biometrics. This is an opportunity to support the Army’s authority for biometrics, Project Management Office DoD Biometrics, with the designing, and sustainment of the DoD’s biometrics system enterprise to give soldiers the decisive edge on the battlefield. You will work in a small team at the Government’s site on Ft. Belvoir.
Each day you and your fellow team members will work with the Government customer, architects and engineers to:
- Capture, understand and document customer requirements
- Biometric system architectures;
- Engineering estimates/BOEs
- Workflows, engineering designs, and other work products
- Provide thought leadership and innovative solution design addressing the client’s unique mission needs
- Perform full system analysis from technical implementation to business process management.
- Manage multiple solution offerings with long term vision for system enhancement, consolidation, and integration.
- Provide technical leadership in terms of delivery, release prioritization, and O&M for multiple biometric enterprise, laptop and hand-held systems
- Provide technical input and solution design for proposals and contract modifications
- Support engineering development projects (e.g., HW, SW, Agile)
- Serve as a primary technical interface with client related to program solutions
- Provide strategic technical direction to client
- Bachelor’s degree in in a technical or scientific field (e.g., software/computer engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science). An additional five years of experience may be substituted for a degree. A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly beneficial.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in the architecting and maintaining of large-scale / enterprise-level information systems.
- Successful performance requires previous biometric architecture experience relating to the development of System, Operational, Capability, Conceptual, and Technical views.
- Experience with biometric systems (including modalities, performance, and architectures)
with one or more of the following:
- UI Design – e.g. use cases, information architecture, wireframes, usability, graphic design
- Client/Server architecture, UML modeling
- High Availability design – redundancy, fault tolerance
- DB/SAN architectures, including replication, sizing
- JBoss or other J2EE application servers
- Solution customization and deployment
- Data migration processes and tools
- Proficiency in one or more software languages, such as C/C++, Java, .NET
analytic and working knowledge of various engineering disciplines,
- Software Architectures and development stacks (Client/Server, SOA, Java/J2EE, .NET/Silverlight/WPF)
- OS: Linux and Windows
- Efficient and productive with Microsoft Office tools (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Project)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience supporting biometrics or cloud-based architectures
Physical Job Requirements
Work on-site (no telework) M-F, 0800-1700, at PEO Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors, PM DoD Biometrics at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Clearance: Current US Secret Clearance
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Apply: [email protected]
Secure Planet, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.