Secure Planet (SP), an Ideal Innovations Inc. affiliated company,is a small biometric technology start-up headquartered in Arlington, VA. SP specializes in designing, developing and delivering the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. SP is comprised of biometric system engineers, software developers, program managers and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. SP is interested in hiring the very best and brightest scientists, engineers, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k and continuing educational funds. At SP, we want to provide our future engineers and scientists with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions to the battlefield today and into the future. SP is Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and is ISO 9001:2015 company. For more information, please visit www.secureplanet.com
Secure Planet, Inc. (SP) is seeking to add a well-qualified systems engineer to lead our team as we expand our small, dynamic group of biometrics planners, engineers and architects at PM DoD Biometrics. This is an opportunity to support the Army’s authority for biometrics, Project Management Office DoD Biometrics, with the design, delivery, upgrade or sustainment of the DoD’s biometrics systems. The biometric systems within the Customer’s biometric portfolio give soldiers the decisive edge on the battlefield. You will work in a small team at the Government’s site on Ft. Belvoir.
Each day you and your fellow team members will work with the Government customer, architects and engineers to:
- Provide subject matter expertise support to the PM DoD Biometrics on all matters related to biometric system technologies and its application within the products under the purview of PM DoD Biometrics
- Support the product areas of:
- Product Manager Biometric Enabling Capability (PdM BEC)
- Product Managers for Biometric Collection Capabilities (Biometric Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) and the Next Generation Biometric Collection Capability (NXGBCC)
- Near Real-time Identity Operations (NRTIO)
- International Biometric Enterprise Systems (Afghanistan Automated Biometric Identification System and the Iraq Automated Biometric Identification System)
- Forensics / Detainee Management programs
- Analyze technical and operational data from the support contractors and provide feedback or recommendations.
- Prepare papers, briefings, and reports on biometric product capabilities
- Provide expert engineering support to internal teams such as product support, program management and test and evaluation
- Lead and manage all PM DoD Biometrics level Systems Engineering activities
- Bachelor’s degree in in a technical or scientific field (e.g., software/computer engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science)
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in the full-lifecycle of large-scale / enterprise-level information systems. Note: An additional five years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
experience in the application of biometrics across a wide spectrum of
implementations to include:
- Tactical collection and matching
- Enterprise-level multi-modal biometrics matching, storage and analysis
- Have biometric systems knowledge and work experience to perform the systems engineering work requirements in support of PM DoD Biometrics
Physical Job Requirements
Work on-site (no telework) M-F, 0800-1700, at PEO Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors, PM DoD Biometrics at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Clearance: Current US Secret Clearance Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Apply: [email protected]
Secure Planet, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.